Sunday, October 12, 2008

Something Inspirational

I was just reading my little brothers email for the week, (he is on a mission in Malaysia) and I was really struck by something he said so I thought I would share it with the world! (Or at least the three people who read my blog) He wrote:

hello everyone, chinese rocks, did ya know? I am having a really fun time with my new companion and alot of success. we are finding alot of people and having a good time teaching them. we seem to be having fun with alot of recent converts lately as well. After they get baptized they are supposed to hear all the discussions again, but sometimes you just need to put the lessons down and play uno with your recent converts...it is really fun to be a person sometimes and just have fun, show people here that we are just average people that also like to have fun.


I agree wholeheartedly. I think he is doing an excellent job.

7 comments:

Lisa B. said...

This post (and his e-mail) also lifted my heart. I agree with you--he's doing great.

jamie said...

haha. i love it. sometimes you just need to play uno.your brother seems awesome.
p.s. when are we going to hang out?

Anonymous said...

Cute post. I agree with him being human and normal is probably the best way to reach people! Good to see you at book club...Love the new make up...cya soon!

Rachel said...

I love it. I couldn't agree more.. It was so fun to see you the other day at book club.. It feels like it has been awhile!

Amelia said...

Uno is awesome and so is Walker like a missionary.

The Blanchard Family said...

Well, you already have more than 3 comments from 3 different people so apparently you are more blog popular than you thought! Ha ha! Isn't it the best to see your younger siblings branching out and becoming something so great! Go Walker!

ABick said...

he is. each time i hear from him he just sounds so happy to be what he is doing where he is...it's great