Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Deacons birth story







I forgot I wanted to write about Deacons birth for my own journaling purpose. If you want to skip feel free but I am sure at least my mom will enjoy it.



Deacon was due on May 14th but when I went to my Drs. office on May 8th I was prepared to tell her I simply could not go one more day. My Dr. agreed to induce me that day and stripped my membranes to try and get me on my way and boy did it work. I started to go into labor without being induced. By the time we got home fifteen minutes later I was in pretty serious pain. Contractions were coming every three minutes or so. We drove to the hospital and I felt really ready for an epidural, it took about twenty minutes for the Dr. to get to my room to give it to me, I was in misery. I will never forget the handsome older Dr. who gave me my epidural it did not hurt at all and I instantly felt better. From there the nurses let me eat orange popsicles and I watched Uncle Buck.



About three hours after the epidural they came in to break my water and as they were saying they needed to I felt like I had peed my pants. My water broke all on its own.
My doctor got there shortly after that and I pushed for about 45 minutes, it was so much harder than I thought it would be! It was just Curtis in the room with me which was just how I wanted it. He was very sweet and encouraging and kept telling me "It's your baby! Your baby is almost here!" I will always remember him saying those words because it helped me get through. When they handed Deacon to me I remember thinking he looked lots like my brother Isaac and that he had a perfect little nose.



I barely slept in the hospital and felt anxious most of the nights, it was just so strange to have this little baby that had been squirming around the inside of me on the outside now. I had so many great visitors and everyone was just in awe of how cute he was. I loved having people up and everyone was so sweet bringing food and flowers and treats.



Deacon was a really even tempered baby and is a very happy little boy now. He has always been a awesome sleeper and eater and is completly fearless. He will go down the biggest slide or jump off anything he can climb on. Deacon has been such a delight and has made our little family so fun. Curtis said today "You know how they say it is the terrible twos? Well i just hink Deacon is so fun!" Needless to say we think he is perfect.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Popsicles and Uncle Buck? Sounds awesome. Too bad about all the pushing. Deacon is great, and you are an amazing mom!

Lisa B. said...

I am so glad you wrote about this! I remember coming up to see you, Deacon, and Curtis at the hospital, pretty much right after he was born. You both looked so happy and D was just perfect, like you said.

One of my favorite memories, though, is a text you sent the next morning--you said "I don't know how it is possible, but he is even cuter this morning."

Isaac said...

That post choked me up

ABick said...

he is a wonderful baby. i miss him much!
i was very excited to be there the first day!! :D