Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday Nights All Right for Blogging!

Here I am Saturday night, Curt is out of town and I want to write down some things of note. So here we are! Some things of note! Enjoy!


  • Summer is here and boy is it hot. No really, so hot. I suppose since we had such a lousy, dreary winter all the prayers for warm weather are being answered all at once, uh thanks?? The good news is I am not moving to the very depths of Hell (Arizona) the bad news is Isaac and Lesley are, BOO.
  • On that note, I went to my brother Isaac's end of the year elementary music program (he was a music teacher) it was fantastic. He always puts on the best concerts and I always cry. My heart was feeling especially fragile knowing this was the last concert he would do. I will miss those concerts and even more so, them. So much. 
  • Running. I have been running, running, running. I find myself being the most in tune with my mind when I am running. It is a great time for prayer for me. I often find myself thanking my father in heaven for: my body, my children, my life, my abilities. I feel most thankful for my body and all it can do when I run. I have great running partners, my sister in law Kris and one of my best friends Jenny. I am hoping to add in a few more fun running partners this summer while training for the Hobble creek half marathon.
  • Bucket List!! Deacon and I made a huge summertime bucket list and we are loving it. We made a list of all the rad things we want to do this summer big and small. We are having fun checking things off. Don't be fooled however, we added plenty of terrible things on there such as: learn how to make your bed (Deacon) run/walk 300 miles (me!) OK just two terrible things. And yes! I do know 300 is a lot, it sounded like a good/crazy goal, in case you are wondering it is about 23 miles per week. I am excited (crazy) about it!
  • Yard work. I would rather do all my blog readers laundry than one ounce of yard work. I want a nice looking yard, I want to kick yard work where it counts. 
  • The Great Gatsby. Did anyone see this? Is anyone else obsessed with the round rug in Daisy's house? Oh, no one else noticed? Just me? Well, I am obsessed with the million dollar round rug. Can someone please purchase it for me?
  • Cabin! Going to the family cabin this week! Translation: Going to eat, nap and laugh a lot this week!
  • Gwen baby, how can you be SIX MONTHS OLD!? You are my dreamboat and I love your laugh and smile when I sing you "Take me out to the ballgame"
  • Deacon boy, You said to me when I left the house to go to dinner with friends "Goodbye my gorgeous mommy!" you are a charmer and a complete joy.
There ya have it. Noted.

3 comments:

ABick said...

what great notes. i want to hear more about what is on this summer bucket list. :) give the kiddos kisses for me!

Lisa B. said...

I love when you post notes. I also love your Bucket List list--what a great idea!

My yard is full of roses and I am so thankful for how ravishing and excessive they are. We are working away at it, a little at a time. It's a nice meditation and an ongoing project, and it is never, never done. But that's okay: those roses!

Lesley said...

Boo! Indeed! I'm looking forward to quality time spent together when we visit. I will miss you and your cute family soooo much! xoxoxo