Friday, August 2, 2013

Lately.











I swear at the start of every summer I swear it is going to be easy, lazy and low key. How come that never works?? Even though it has been busy and crazy it has been so fun, and I guess I have made some time for a few afternoon naps. Just to catch you up on everyone:

Deacon:

  • Lost his front tooth, a HUGE one grew in it's place-ha!
  • Is the best big brother to Gwen, she loves him so much. He is a good little babysitter when I need to shower or move the laundry. 
  • It is so nutso that he is going to 1st grade in a couple weeks, I could cry just thinking about it. 
  • His last soccer game of the season he scored 2 goals and said "it was so easy mom! just pass pass shoot!"
  • I asked him what he wanted for his back to school feast, he said "ummmm, spaghetti, bean and cheese burritos and hot dogs" wow.
  • Such a great swimmer, at the pool one night he probably went off the diving board 50 times in a row. 
  • Charming, delightful and the sweetest boy.
Gwennie:
  • Started crawling at 7 months! Still army crawling but she pushes herself up and I bet will be full blown crawling anytime. 
  • Says DADA! It is the cutest thing and we all try to get her to say it all the time. Today Deacon and I heard her say MUM but only once and not again yet. 
  • Loves to eat pretty much everything, only has one little tooth that popped through on the bottom. 
  • Looks so freaking cute in a romper, it is pretty much all I put her in. 
  • We went to Disneyland and she seriously stole the show. She smiled, giggled and squealed at everyone she saw. It was adorable. 
Me: 
  • Running, running, running! I ran the Deseret News half marathon with Kris, it was so fun! I am still training for the Hobblecreek half I am doing with some neighborhood friends.
  • Ready to get back in the swing of regular bedtimes and dinner as a family. 
  • Watched the first season of New Girl, loved it. Super cute. 
  • Went to California with Kris and Bailey, so fun! We saw the guy who played Superman in Man of Steel and oh baby was he a babe. We also saw Russell Crowe who was, short.
  • Had a blast going to Disneyland with just our little family. SO fun.
Curtis:
  • Playing softball on a work team, he loves it. We have only been to one game but I love to see Curtis play sports, it like it takes 10 years off his age!
  • Disneyland lover. This totally makes me laugh. I love that he loves it so much and that we have such a blast when we go. 
  • Still playing basketball Tuesday nights, this tradition has been going on forEVER.
  • Always planning the next trip, I love this about him. 
So that is about it! We are alive, we are good, we are excited for fall to come and things to chill out a bit. 



2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I love it when there is a new post at This Is Us. I love the picture of Curt in the Mickey Mouse shirt. Classic and perfect. One thing I think is amazing about your summer is that bucket list--you planned an awesome summer and look, you went ahead and had one! Beautiful.

Amelia said...

I love you and those cute kids, and I miss you.