Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I am a crazy person

If you recall, Deacon and I made a bucket list this summer, do you also remember the part where I wanted to run 300 miles? Well, on Saturday when I crossed the finish line at the Big Cottonwood half marathon it marked THREE HUNDRED FOUR miles. 304 long miles. Countless 4 am wakeup calls. Many, many jelly belly sport beans (with caffeine!) a whole lot of deer spotting's up emigration canyon, 3 porcupine ( I assume it was the same one each time??) sightings, 1 skunk, and 2 rabbit sightings and 1 snake sighting. Lots of entertaining conversations with running partners. One million pee stops on the side of the road and only 1 #2 stop (and I was prepared with a baby wipe and all!) tons of sweat. Not enough afternoon naps. So many moments of prayer and meditation. Countless hours of music listened to and one hilarious book on tape (this has changed running for me!) An overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my body and all the things it is capable of. I feel really proud of myself.




Now it is time to sleep in.

5 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I find this goal to be so impressive and inspiring. I love that you saw so many things while running--seems to me that you're having a true Utah experience, what with your canyon porcupinage and snake-dodging. You are awesome!

Amelia said...

I am so ridiculously proud of you. I was bragging to my friend today that you did this. You are a crazy person, but also a dedicated person, a beautiful person and an amazing person. Love love love you.

Lesley said...

Holy Moly! 304 miles! THAT is major dedication. I can barely wake up at 5:30 everyday let alone 4 freaking AM!! Please sleep in and treat yourself to a grilled cheese. You deserve it!

gilian said...

Wow. I feel very proud of all of the things your body is capable of! Well done.

ABick said...

that is so awesome! i'm so proud of you soph. truly. so fantastic. so, running with books on tape? do share some faves.