Friday, January 4, 2008

This year we.....

had a baby. wore and applied a whole lot of makeup(me). Held a lot of friends (first!) new born babies. Played board games like crazy. Ate A LOT( I was pregnant). Took up yoga(me again). Took picture after picture of our pride and joy Deacon. (me and Curt) Tiled a kitchen perfectly on his first try(Curt) Hung out with friends almost everyday. Cooked a lot of really good dinners (both of us). Watched 3 seasons of lost in about a months time (both again). Fell in love with the office (me, Curt was telling me I would forever but for some reason I was slow to come around. WHY?). Spent a lot of time with my mom. Went to a Cowboys game(certainly not me I hate football). Spent time with my sister and fell in love with her two girls. Lost a sweet grandmother(Curtis). Spent New Years just the two of us(hey I was real pregnant) Played poker at the cabin(Curt) Celebrated my moms 50th with a bang. Spent hours getting our newborn to smile(me and Curt). Wore a bikini 7 months pregnant (it was so fun). Dressed Deacon as a chicken for Halloween. Taught some really good lessons in church(Curt). Read the final Harry Potter(boohoo). For that matter bought the final Harry Potter at midnight(thanks Lauren). Watched my last brother open his mission call, it was exhilarating. Laughed a lot(both) cried a lot(mostly me) and lived a really amazing year!
Here are just a few pictures of our awesome year. (don't worry they are not of me in the bikini.)
Christmas pictures are coming soon, happy new year love you all!


Go Cowboys! (I guess?)
I am only willing to show a pretty fully clothed bikini shot.
At the cabin. I love that sling, if you have a baby go get one!
Good friends and their sweet babes. ( I just need Owen Dane and Alfie in there!)
See lots of makeup.
And best of all look at that sweet tiny baby.

6 comments:

Amelia said...

I love all those pictures!
We are so glad we got to meet Deacon this year!

Lisa B. said...

What a wonderful post! I love all the pictures, especially the one of you eating whatever that was in your swimmers.

Heather & Josh said...

What a great year!!! I am still the only loser without a baby. I guess I'm not cool enough to join the Mom club. Maybe this year? I love all of the info and the cute pictures. Can we go to a movie or something to celebrate your birthday. Maybe a movie & icecream!!! Anyway I love you and little Deacon!

*Angie* said...

a great year indeed...love the post, love Balboa bars!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE POST!
CUTE!

sadie said...

so i was reading this post and read the bikini part and then all my mind could think was " i hope there's a picture". then i kept reading and saw the 'no picture' announcment... why not?? You're willing to wear it, show it off baby!!