Monday, April 20, 2009

I love a good list

Reasons to stay in Baton Rouge:

-Lots of good food.
-The sweet music festival this weekend in New Orleans with the likes of James Taylor, Wilco, and Bon Jovi to name a few.
-I could really use another pile of Beginets. ( A french type of donut. wow.)
-Nothing but free time.
- Best neighborhood to jog, full of trees and pretty houses.
-Entertainment for Deacon every minute in the form of a Grandma and Grandpa.
-Canes!
-Awesome weather!
- A midday nap each day, nothing better.


Reasons to go home:

- Duke will be waiting, tail wagging!
- I cleaned the house before I left, so I get to walk into a clean house.
- No humidity! Yuck.
-Time to get serious about 1/2 marathon training.
-Miss my Utah family.
- A tivo full of precious tv.
- I need to see if my tulips survived the snow!

It is bittersweet to come home! We have had so much fun, I will miss my dad and Dana. They definitely know how to show out of towners a great time so hustle out here! Heres hoping Deacons second flight is as excellent as his first.

6 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I've been thinking about you all week--I remember when my folks lived in CA and I always used to cry when we drove away, I was so sad to leave them. But by the time we got home, I was happy to come home. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! It sounds great, seriously.

Amelia said...

I am glad you had such a great time and I'm trying not to be jealous that you had such fun with D&D.

The Hungry Fashionista said...

Sound incredible! Only makes me dream of our Hawaii retreat thats soon to come!
Missed you!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

jogging, Donuts and James Taylor!!! where do i sign up!

ABick said...

LA is amazing! it is a wonderful place and they are great hosts! i'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Lesley said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! Can't wait to try Beignets.mmm.