Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fun in the (sorta) sun

After Christmas it was so great to head down to St. George for a few days. Deacon and I drove down with my Dad and Dana (Curt had to work) and then Isaac Lesley Will and Walker came down the next night. We stayed at my Grandparents house. It was so good to visit with them! It makes me so happy to spend time with them, I do not get to enough. Me and Walker with Grandma Diane. Does Walker look twenty feet tall or what?
My Grandma has saved cars and blocks from when her boys were little and Deacon had a hay day with them. Some of them could be 50 years old, I thought that was so cool. Deacon loved them so much he slept right next to them. He would line them all up in a row and take the one airplane in the basket of cars and crash his line of cars.
Even though in this picture my Grandpa was sick he still managed to kick our butts in aggravation. I do not know how he does it. My favorite part of playing all the aggravation games we played was my Grandpas hilarious comments and also my Grandmas cute giggle. My least favorite part- how long each roll takes my Grandpa! I called him the sloooooooow killer.
Deacon sitting on Grandpa Johns lap. This is a picture I will treasure.
My dad and his mom. Now this picture is taken in the midst of cooking a big Thanksgiving like feast for New years day. Literally not twenty minutes after eating the feast my dad got a mean case of the stomach flu. No one really thought much about it since it had been passed through the family. That night I went to bed (my birthday was the next day!) and around midnight had the thought "oh no am I sick? no I can not be sick, I am not sick" Well around three am I knew I was sick, stomach flu sick. Luckily Isaac and Lesley had come down the night before, so for my birthday while me my dad and Dana all had the stomach flu they watched Deacon. They were lifesavers! I know it was a waste of a vacation for them but I sure made my life easier. The next day Grandpa had the flu as well! I was feeling good the next day and by Monday we all felt pretty good.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for having us! I promise next time I will come without the flu.

No comments: