Sunday, September 19, 2010

A little Down picked me right up

Sometimes when I have a rough day or week something surprising cheers me up. Tonight I went with my friend Kimi up to Silver Lake up big Cottonwood canyon. It is beautiful and a perfect little walk for Deacon. Not to mention the Fall foliage is out of this world right now. No other season awakens my senses quite like Fall.

We were walking around the boardwalk and had stopped right by another family looking out on the water and looked at the ducks. The family had a son with down syndrome with them, probably 10 years old. He immediately took to Deacon and they were laughing and pointing at the ducks together.

When we turned to leave the boy stepped right in front of me and gave me a big hug. I walked away with tears in my eyes. Something about the hard week I had had and this sweet boys kindness filled my heart. It is going to be a good week.

5 comments:

The Hungry Fashionista said...

I like this.

Lisa B. said...

Love this post and love you.

Amelia said...

I heart you. Here's to a great week!

jessandbryce said...

love those little tender mercies :)

Rachel said...

Sweet post!! We just went to Silve Lake on Friday. I LOVE it!