Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer of bikinis and grilled cheese


Can I just say, this is the best summer so far. Deacon is swimming like a fish, I am supposed to be fat in a swimsuit and any time we feel like taking a nap in the middle of the day we can!

At the pool today I found myself comparing this summer to next summer. This summer I am eating grilled cheeses poolside and watching Deacon practice the breaststroke. NEXT summer I will be shading a baby from the sun and prooooooobably eating a lean piece of grilled chicken, ha!

That is the beauty in waiting for something you really want, I find myself basking in every minute of this summer with my favorite person in the world. How crazy is it that next summer I will have two kids to love and soak up every minute of?

One thing is for sure, I am pretty sure I will not be posting any bikini pics next summer.

8 comments:

gilian said...

Girl, you look hot in that bikini!

Lisa B. said...

I am madly in love with this post. You look so happy.

Isaac said...

You have the best baby bumps! I'm hoping you'll have a little GIRL at the pool next summer in a darling bathing suit too!

Isaac said...

Sorry, Isaac is logged into google but it was really Lesley that said that. How creepy if Isaac really did say that! Ha ha

ABick said...

hahaha lesley! i was just so going to make fun of isaac! but i do want to mimic your post! Baby girl!!! yes yes yes. and i love that picture of you and deacon so much.

The Blanchard Family said...

Love you! Love how happy you are! Love that you can enjoy this summer just how you want! And LOVE your baby bump! Miss you!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

are you freaking kidding me? you look so beautiful in the bikini it makes me want to die! I need a baby!! plus, I'm dying laughing at lesley's comments, I was thinking "what a sweet brother." ahhahaha . Let's please go visit Kate and her boat soon. :)

sadie said...

I love your blog and I love you!