Monday, April 8, 2013

A almost sixer and a 4 monther


Look at these kids! Geez. If only I could get them to stop growing right now. I absolutely have to catch you all up on the happenings of these adorable children.

Boy:

Swallowed a lego tonight! Ha! I suppose it was only a matter of time til he took his love of Lego's to the next level. No really though, he takes the small ones apart with his teeth and must of just gulped one down on accident, poor kid.

He drew a picture for me at Issac and Lesley's house, it had two stars and when he handed it to me he said "The stars are for you and for Dad because you are the best parents in the world" so sweet.

I just can not believe he will be a 1st grader next year and in school ALL day. It makes me so sad. But I also have loved seeing all the things he has learned from his teacher and just simply being in school this year, I absolutely know it is the best thing for him. I love being able to go to his classroom often and see what a sweet boy he is.

I love how he talks to Gwen, I heard her crying and then Deacon saying "Honey, honey, honey!" which is exactly something I would say.

I had put the bumbo in the bath to give Gwennie a quick bath after I took her out Deacon wanted to use it. I heard him say from the other room "Ah! This is the life, relaxin' in my bath in my chair" Curtis and I laughed SO hard.

I love Deacon so much I truly feel like my heart could explode, I wish there were more hours in the day.

The Baby:

Oh this baby, what a dolly. I just love her. She is still just a teensy little thing, but getting some chubby thighs. She is growing but still tiny and adorable.

She LOVES Sophie the Giraffe. If you hold it up over her and squeeze it as it gets closer to her face she gets so excited, smiles and kicks.

She is crazy about the bath, she kicks her little legs and trys to crawl out of my arms,  I am sure she thinks she can swim.

While I am so excited for each new milestone I am sad to see her newborn baby days slipping away. I can honestly say I never hoped and prayed for something as I did for her. Every once in awhile I remember what it felt like to be in that wishing/hoping/prayer phase and I stop and say a little thank you.

And there you have it! The two greatest children on earth.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

These darlings! I love that 'honey honey honey!" from Deacon to Gwen. So sweet. He is a wonderful wonderful boy. And I love how lively and alert Gwen is. She is just the funnest.

Amelia said...

Watching siblings interact is one of the great joys of motherhood.

ABick said...

i miss these two daily. they are so precious!

Lesley said...

I can't believe deacon swallowed a Lego! So funny! Gwen just melts my heart. I will miss these two for surezees.