Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cry it out.

                                                            First day of Pre School
                                                            First day of Kindergarten

I find myself caught in a moment at least once a day thinking about Deacon. He is so close to nearing the end of kindergarten. I have said it before and I will say it again, HOW??!!

I feel so strongly that God sent me Deacon to ease my pain, soothe my soul and bring me much happiness in the face of hardships. Deacon has been so delightful to me. I can not say enough how much love I have for my first born son.

I see him growing, changing and losing a little bit of his place in the spotlight of our family. There is not much you can do about that, new baby usually means a new star of the show for awhile (and we love our new star)  all this seems just fine with Deacon but it leaves me with a little ache in my heart.

Next year my boy will spend more hours at school then he will spend with me (awake at least) and while I truly know this is the best thing for him, he loves school, he loves his friends and he does so well I can't help but want to steal him away and keep him home with me forever.

I took donuts to his school class for his birthday, he was so proud of his mom, could not wait to see me and say hi to the baby. The thought came to me " I wonder how much longer he will let me bring donuts on his birthday?" When do they turn into teenagers who want to sleep all day and smell weird?

So Deacon, I want you to know you can count on me to bring donuts to your class as long as you please. Lets make a deal, just until 10th grade?

So like the title states, I will most likely need to cry it out in the near future.

I love you Deacon.

No comments: