Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My favorite things about November and December





One thing you should know about me is I love holidays and I love lists. So with that being said I should definitely make a list of my favorite holiday things! I would love in anyone else wants to make a list too, its fun! I know I can at least count on you mom. Also I am going to attach pictures of my favorite holidays past.

1. TREES!!!! I love to put it up early and take it down late, I feel sad every year to take it down, I always feel like I should keep it up at least until my birthday. (January 2nd)

2. Gingerbread houses! Last year some of my friends and I had a party to make them and it was so fun.

3. Presents, I love to surprise people with good presents, it is so fun especially since I am terrible at getting surprised.

4. Being around my family, duh.

5. Martha Stewart's Christmas edition of her magazine, it is to die for.

6. Oprah's "my favorite things" show. As my friend Kallin said he would quit his job to be on it, its that good.

7. Ribbon jello. If you don't know what it is you don't deserve to.

8. Making a list (I know I love lists) of 100 things I am thankful for, I do it almost every year before Thanksgiving and I love it.

9. Singing Christmas music way to early in the year.

10. Spending time with friends new and old.

10 comments:

*Angie* said...

Oh soph, nothing like you calling me before my birthday in EARLY November and singing me my fave..."Last Christmas..." I heart George Michael.

*Angie* said...

Oh soph, nothing like you calling me before my birthday in EARLY November and singing me my fave..."Last Christmas..." I heart George Michael.

Heather & Josh said...

I sure love Christmas too!!! I get a glimpse of it everyday at the store now. I hope I'm not wore out by Christmas. But I can't wait til next week when I get to put up my own Christmas tree. I think we might need to have a Christmas party again. That was really fun at your house 2 years ago. So maybe I'll plan one at my house. What do you think? Also I love writing a letter every year going over the things that happened that previous year, and the blessings that I've received. Ok I've only done it one year, and I just write the letter to Josh, but I love it, and I'm going to do it til the day I die!!! I'm so thankful for our friendship.

Lisa B. said...

What a wonderful list. I will get right on mine. And I will post it either right before or right after, or maybe on, Thanksgiving.

DiaNe said...

this list is everything I have thought in my head and never verbalized.

We do need to keep in touch! Your pictures are so darling! Are you going to be around for thanksgiving?

Rich and Kristl said...

What a great list, I love Christmas too! And I love your pictures of Deacon, he is so big!

Davis'...things that make us smile said...

Oh my gosh! It's been forever since I've seen you but was looking at Sadie's blog and saw your name so I thought I'd just say Hello! I hope all is well with you and your cute family! I have a little boy that will be 1 at the beggining of december! Being a mom is the best! Well good to see you!
Missy Hinds(cosmo gals)!

ABick said...

its true.
Ribbon Jello. it is amazing!
I love the holidays to, but you
my dear sister
put us all to shame on the excited part!
i'm excited to see how you decorate your house this year!

The Blanchard Family said...

Oh...Christmas...I just love the whole season! Everything about it! Check out my blog to see that we already have lights on our house. I am going to wait to turn them on until the day after Thanksgiving, but you better believe they are up and ready to go!

ishiis said...

i just signed up for this blog thing simply to leave you a comment that i am excited my picture is on here.

that and i cannot wait to decorate for christmas! you need to come see all the stuff that is in my work. there is tons and tons of it.