Monday, November 16, 2009

Something old something new


When I was pregnant with Deacon I was in St. George for a quick visit with my Bickmore grandparents on my way to CA. When we were just about to leave my Grandma Diane pulled out a baby gift for me, it was the most amazing little boy quilt, complete withe roads and neighborhood scenes and all sorts of darling details. Lesley and I both gushed over how adorable it was and Isaac and I reminisced about how it looked like a playmat we had as kids and even Curt said how cute it was.


I used the blanket a lot in the early months of Deacons life as a spot for him to roll around on and such. When we moved to our house I guess I packed it up and did not think much of it. Tonight when it was bedtime I realized his beloved cowboy blanket was in the dryer. I looked in the closet and noticed the forgotten quilt, I pulled it out and quickly fanned it onto his bed. I got him all excited to find the trees, the roads, the animal and the balloons! He was so excited and even ran to find his car magnets and gave the roads on the quilt a try.


Anyhow, I love the feeling of excitment for a forgotten treasure, and a treasure it is! We love the quilt.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

That quilt is adorable. I remember seeing it when I was visiting, when Deacon was a baby!

Lisa B. said...

So fun to find something like this again--I need to come over to see Deacon play with it. Actually, I need to play with it.

Lesley said...

Sweet baby Deacon! I can't believe how fast time flies. I think we should drive to St. George and bring the quilt with us!