Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Here are some very random pictures from our Thanksgiving. Deacon loved having big boys to play with. Austin and Jackson were very sweet to play with him Me and my mom.
Deacon was tickling everyone and calling them "spider bites" but it sounded more like "bider bite" it was very cute and I think all 30 people there got one at a point, here is Clarence getting his bider bite.
I mostly just thought it was funny that this was the only picture I got of Curtis all day.
This really is the hostess with the mostess, no really. My Grandma is one of the best cooks I have ever tasted and her attention to detail is amazing. She has the most welcoming and comfortable home. She is who I get all my part planning enthusiasm (and my mom of course who also gets it from her) from. I love her very much and I am so thankful I have been able to spend so many holidays in her house.
And one last thing before we leave Thanksgiving behind and move on to all my Christmas posts I wanted to share this cute song I learned from my Grandpa Bickmore:
How beautiful is the green earth, the stars and heavens above, but what would the whole world be worth if we didn't have (fill in the blank with who you are singing about) to love, to love if we didn't have YOU to love!
Happy Thanksgiving!



4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

It was a lovely day. And it's true, my mom/your grandma is such a loving, attentive, thoughtful hostess. I love Thanksgiving, and I love Thanksgiving at my folks' house. It was a wonderful day with D, too--so much fun to see him puttering around.

Lesley said...

those pics of you with your mom and grandma are so cute! I'm happy you have some Orme in you that likes to throw parties because your parties are always a hit!

Amelia said...

so wish I could have been there, thanks for the pictures!

The Blanchard Family said...

I love you and you are the greatest! It was fun to paint today! Can't wait to see the finished product ;) I think I will do your Thanksgiving ABC'S tomorrow. What a great way to get some of the things I am thankful for out on paper! Love ya!