Friday, October 15, 2010

Guilt wiped away with some cookies

Maybe other moms do not have a problem with this but I do. I have set all sorts of expectations that no one cares about except me. For some reason I felt like I had to get or make just the right costume for Halloween for Deacon. I do have fun picking them out and I am sure next year he will want to be something completely opposite of what I think is clever or cute. This year was stressing me out. Today I was by myself and decided to run to Old Navy just to see what they had. A couple weeks ago at this 5K Deacon got his face painted and loved it. I saw this tiger costume and got a great face painting idea. I bought it brought it home and Deacon was in Heaven.
We spent the evening growling practicing trick or treating and most importantly making Halloween cookies. I let Deacon get right into it rolling out the dough and using the cookie cutters. And best of all he did it all in his $10 costume.

He was so happy and kept saying " I wanna do another project" All the while singing songs from The nightmare before Christmas.

The frosting was another highlight for him. And he especially loved the "sprinklers" or sprinkles.
The moral of this Looooong story is that sometimes I need to cut myself some slack and make some cookies. It sure made me happy to see him run wild in his costume and beg to wear it to bed. Happy Halloween!


6 comments:

Amelia said...

I happen to think you are an awesome mom, and if making cookies is cutting some slack, you must be super mom. I love you!

Lisa B. said...

I agree with Amelia--you are a wonderful mom, and I am just tickled to think of Deacon as a tiger, growling, and making cookies. And singing. What a great story--so glad you shared it.

Rachel said...

Awesome! That is Halloween in motion! PS-- making costumes is overrated!

Unknown said...

Hurray for Old Navy Costumes this year!!! I got to get me some sugar cookies soon!!

The Hungry Fashionista said...

So cute! I love this costume! You are such a good mom!

 Amy said...

Pretty sure you're the coolest mom I know. Although, I'm secretly pissed I didn't get some of those cookies. But not really. But seriously.

ps--can I be a tiger, too?