Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dreams that are big

Each time I go on vacation I come home with memories and links to unexpected things. For instance I always associate fresh pineapple to Hawaii (of course) or windy, cold weather takes me back to Scotland and eating too much that I get a stomach ache puts me at any cabin. Music I would not normally listen to reminds me of visiting my Dad.

Last time Deacon and I went to Louisiana I listened to lots of my Dads music and came home with a few songs I would never listen to on my own. Curtis DIES whenever he hears one of these said songs.

One night a few months ago I had just left the gym and I felt like driving for a little before heading home. I felt low, I was feeling desperate. One of these songs came on my ipod and I. was. a. mess

"And when you dream, dream big,
As big as the ocean, blue.
'Cause when you dream it might come true.
But when you dream, dream big."

and then I said a prayer and let myself dream. Two weeks later my dream came true.

6 comments:

The Blanchard Family said...

I love you! Just so ya know.

Lisa B. said...

I love this. (and what is that song?) (and I love you!)

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

I miss you girl. lets please get together soon

ABick said...

this is a wonderful post. and i love you! I'm excited to see you in a few weeks! :)

Amelia said...

Love you and this! Wish you were coming for another visit.

*Angie* said...

A little Ryan Shupe, eh? I bought that album for Cyndee a few years back. Love you!