Tuesday, September 22, 2009

can not go wrong

with a german apple pancake! Such a easy delish way to use up a few of those red delicious.
Here is the easy as (apple) pie recipe. You will need:
3 eggs
3/4 c milk
3/4 c flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon butter
Preheat your oven to 450. Place the butter in the dish you will be baking in (I used a glass casserole dish) heat in the 450 degree oven until completely melted. Stir remaining ingredients until smooth, pour in dish over melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temp to 350 and cook for 10 more minutes.
Apple delight on top:
Slice about 4-5 apples (peeled)
add to a saucepan of:
1/4 c butter
1/4 c sugar
lots of cinnamon and/nutmeg (i use about a tablespoon of just cinn.)
Stir often and cook just until the apples are tender, usually works out to be just when your pancake is done. This is a Bickmore family favorite and is so very yummy. Please someone make this! It really is that good! Hope you enjoy! I certainly did. Stay tuned for tomorrow apple cake!

6 comments:

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

I love the fall for this very reason. Yumminess galore. I just bought peaches today and was looking at my favorite cookbook because I want to make a lattice top pie. we'll see how it turns out I suppose

Lisa B. said...

Your picture looks so perfect and delicious! And that picture of Deacon eating it--adorable.

jamie said...

this looks and sounds delish. I think I will be making it.

You HAVE to go the The Store and get some Honey Crisp apples. You can only buy them there (that I know of), and you can only get them for a few weeks....and let me tell you, they are the most delicious apples you will EVER taste. I can guarantee it.

Skankstas said...

We make that all the time but never with apples! I can't wait to try it with apples...that looks delish.

Lesley said...

How do I get some of them there apples?

ABick said...

oh my gosh. i LOVE german apple pancakes!! so so good!...