Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Your name

In honor of Deacons Birthday week here is the story of his name, I think you will like it.

We really did not plan on naming Deacon after a dog, it just happened. If I would have had my way his name would have been Jack and if Curtis would have had his way his name it would have been something bonkers, you don't want to know.

Anyway that poodle is named Deacon. It is my above pictured friend Matt parents new hunting dog. I remember him telling us his parents had gotten the dog and when he told us the name I thought "well that is just perfect" it is funny how a name just sticks with you like that.

I have thought many times since Deacon was born how perfectly the name fits him. So when people ask how we found his name it is funny to say he is named after a poodle. Our next child will be named after one of the great dogs we have known. Here are the choices:

Spritzer-Pedro-Chancey-Gutter-Aspen-Duke (obvious front runner) Bruiser-Aspen-Komet or Sparky.
Please let us know which one you like the best

No, there is no baby on the way!

8 comments:

DiaNe said...

Aspen actually flows quite nicely!

(by the way, the word verification is "dorme" which is my name on ALL my work files! Maybe name the baby dorme...)

Lisa B. said...

Siggy!

naptime nostalgia said...

is this an announcement of sorts Sophia? Very creative.



just kidding.

The Blanchard Family said...

Well the OBVIOUS choice. . .for SO MANY reasons! CHANCEY.

Love it because I learn something new everyday. Can you believe I did not know that story about Deacons name? What is wrong with me. See you tomorrow!

Heather & Josh said...

If the Sparky is the Latimers dog...absolutely not!!! That dog was the worst!

The Hungry Fashionista said...

KOMET!

Unknown said...

I dont see why you should just settle for one of the names... I think the first set flows nicely off the tongue...just take if from Elliott he has like 8 names!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.