Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fyvie Castle

Today we went t a haunted house I mean castle. It was spectacular. I keep being blown away by how historic/old and beautiful this country is. I peeked into one of the windows and instantly got creeped out, then Amelia informed me that the castle is indeed haunted. One of the ghosts is called the Green lady and she is the ex wife of Sir Alexander Seton Couse. He starved her to death because he wanted to marry her cousin. On their honeymoon night it is said that the green lady scratched her name on the window of the honeymoon suite, you can still see it today! If you look online there are tons of creepy ghost stories about this castle. You can actually rent a room in this castle like a hotel, I will not be doing that on my stay. The detail on this castle is so cool to me. It looks just like a classic castle. Inside there are tons of beautiful painting, suits of armor and incredible furnishings.
The grounds stretch for miles and are so green. The trees are amazing.

Isnt this so beautiful? But also gives you the creepy feeling too, right?

Once again, love the details.

Especially this gigantic door knocker. I loved this so much and made sure to try it out.

Deacon is totally enamered with castles now, he loves running on the huge sprawling lawns.





5 comments:

The Blanchard Family said...

Seriously amazing. And you are right on. . .totally creepy!

 Amy said...

all three of your recent posts are incredible. i'm dying of envy. take me there someday or I'll cut you sucka. so much fun! stay safe!

Lisa B. said...

Wow. I have never been to that one. Beautiful and spooky. Can you imagine actually living in such a place? Freaky!

gilian said...

So creepy. I'm almost old enough to watch scary movies. But sometimes I have to have the lights on. Not sure if I could go inside a haunted (read: haaaaaaunnnnted)castle.

ABick said...

LOVE fyvie castle! i am so happy that you get to experience all these fun things like i did! enjoy them and take too many pictures! love the ghostly castle. i love anything w/ ghost stories..