Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Name that house

Did you know that it is a British practice to name your house? I am in love with this tradition and am promptly naming my house when I get home, Algrace. ALbert for Albert Curtis' grandpa who originally owned the house and GRACE for his grandmother who owned it as well. That is one way to name your house. Now someone make me a plaque to display on the front pronto.



This is the house I am buying and living here forever, the blue trim? I die! So darling.

And its name is Roseville, forget about it, I am in love.

This is Amelia's original country house they first lived in. It was seriously out in the country. Only animals for neighbors.
Another cute little named house. Very adorable very quaint.



9 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so Jane Austen now.

Lisa B. said...

I love the name for your house. I bet you can find a nameplate dealio on etsy. I, too, love that tradition of house-naming!

gilian said...

I'm going to be all over that house naming thing. So glad you've taken this vacation and shared these wonderful European treats!

The Hungry Fashionista said...

Looks like you're having so much fun! So jealous!

ABick said...

i'm on it!

Steve said...

Naming houses is easy. Just buy a can of spray paint and some stencils.

... said...

So I have been trying to figure out what the name of my house would be. Either Eamyrle, I don't even know how you would pronouce that, or Myearl. I don't think we have found a winner yet...

Abes and Stace said...

Wow I am so jealous. Looks like you are having a great time.
When you get back would you mind sending me your red velvet nothing bundt cakes recipe? My sister wants a red velvet cake for her birthday and I can't seem to find a good recipe online.
Enjoy your fab trip!

Holly and Dave said...

what should we name our houses? all these pictures are so awesome- i wish i could be there! enjoy every moment, savor every bite, and don't waste time sleeping! you've stirred the travel bug in me!