Wednesday, January 9, 2008

see you in two!

Today my littlest sibling, Walker left on his mission. He is going to Singapore and I could not prouder. For those of you who have not been to the MTC before it is the craziest place. They have you gather in this great big room and first thing have you sing Called to Serve right off the bat, my older brother and my sister and I all started crying immediately, then we started laughing cause it was so silly to already be crying. We said our goodbyes shortly after and I felt like sobbing just because it is my little brother, he used to say "pup" scouts instead of "cub" scouts for goodness sakes, but I held it together all with Deacon asleep on my shoulder. I could not help but think how amazing it is to be holding my own little boy in the very place that I hope one day he will be to start his journey. I love the way Curtis' mission shaped his life and personality. I feel extremely blessed to have a husband who gave my little brother really sweet advice before he left. The thing about Curtis is he had so much fun on his mission and I think everyone should have fun in every journey. So here is to Elder Bickmore: Have Fun! See you in two!

6 comments:

Lisa B. said...

That's a good way to think of it--have fun, and see you in two. The MTC is nuts--it was good to be there all together. A good, emotional, day.

Amelia said...

I missed being there with you guys, nothing like Provo to bring out the nutty in everyone.

Heather & Josh said...

Well that is really exciting that he left. Sad I'm sure, but he will come back a better person than he was before. What a great sister you are.

The Blanchard Family said...

Oh man! The dreaded MTC. I remember that place...it is so great, but so SAD! The really sad part is that it will be before we know it that we will be sitting there with our own grown sons, sending them off. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Stop thinking like that!

*Angie* said...

What a special tender moment. Thanks for sharing.

Beck Family said...

I had to laugh out loud when I read about how Curtis' mission affected his personality! I can't imagine having a mission without Curtis. The MTC would have been unbearable. My favorite moment is when he sang, "Welcome, welcome, to the MTC" to an unsuspecting elder. Congrats on the having a baby.