Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas is coming.........

the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the old mans hat or help with this really fun project! Last year for a service project some of my family went to the Ronald Mcdonald house here in SLC. We took groceries and gift cards and some last minute things they needed before christmas. While we were there we took a tour of the "house" for those who do not know what the Ronald Mcdonald house is, it is a place where families can stay free of charge while there children are in local hospitals and they run completely off donations. One of the things that struck Curtis and I when we were walking through was that some of the rooms were kind of sad. I have been thinking about this project all year!
I have arranged to go in and redocarate one of the rooms, give it a facelift and make it a haven for the families who stay there. It will need a lot of love, a new paint job and some elbow grease. So I am looking for anyone who can give in any way. Some things we will need are: volunteers to help paint or do odd jobs around the room, any money or gift cards to home improvement stores. Or if you have any great home decor or furniture (small furniture lamps shelf etc.) that needs a new home. Anything helps! The actual dates for the project are: the night of Tuesday Dec. 2nd and then all day Wed. Dec. 3rd. I am so excited for this project and a shout out to Angie (angieseare.com) who has already raised money through her beautiful photography for this cause. Cheers to a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

11 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Count me in for being there and helping, and also for donations of money or whatever. What a great project!

Amelia said...

you inspire me. sorry I didn't call yesterday. When are you off next? Email me.

Anonymous said...

I am good for money and elbow grease! Please call me I will BE there! I am calendaring it NOW! Love that you pause at such a crazy time to help those who need it most. Inspiring!

CKB said...

Count me in, I would be happy to come help! Just remind me because I forget things...

*Angie* said...

YAY! Thanks for getting on the ball with this, I am really really excited!

DiaNe said...

this is wonderful! I'd love to come up and help, assuming it's in the evening. Call me! 801.494.9618

The Hungry Fashionista said...

im posting a blog on mine too! this room is gonna be the bomb.com!
cant wait!

Sophia said...

Thank you for the amazing response! We are now cool witha actual volunteers (they will only let a certain number in at a time) If you have any other resources that would be helpful please let me know! We can not wait!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

I am so glad you are giving to this cause. They really helped my sister and her family out when Hayden had cancer. I would love to help out and give what money we have. ( we are poor rats these days with a husband who works in real estate )

ABick said...

i'm proud of you sis!!!
i'm actually planning something too...i'll inform you through my blog soon!
way to go soph! love you much!

Brittany said...

I can donate money for paint or whatever- I also have brushes and stuff. Please let me know- This is SO great Soph! When we stayed in Boston for Cade we stayed at a house like the Ronald McDonald house. It was such a great relief for us to have one less thing to worry about. You rock! Email me your address and I will send you a check- dbkandfam@live.com