Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beneath the pale moonlight!

When I was probably 5 or 6 the movie American Tale was very popular. This was also around the time when my mom made me sing "Somewhere out there" to each and every soul who entered our house. (including the Jehovah Witnesses who became my moms friends and came each week just sure this week was the week they would finally convert her, they have not converted her....yet.) Anyhow Curt had a copy of this movie and Deacon has been obsessed with the "mouse" movie this week.

While I watched the "mouse" movie with Deacon I did not remember how sad it is! The poor Mousekawits think their poor mouse son has died. When they finally find Fievel I had tears streaming down my face. I was so happy for his parents! So to everyone who you might be missing just remember "it helps to think your sleeping underneath the same big sky."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRjb8sMjYu8

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I cry in that movie too! As soon as Fievel starts crying "Papa!" and the dad shouting "Fiefel!" at the end gets me everytime.

Lisa B. said...

Am I supposed to apologize for seeing that you were a star????? and showing you off??????? okay, fine. I apologize. But I would like you to sing it one more time, just for old time's sake. I'll invite the girl missionaries, it'll be great.

curtis said...

Oh yeah! It also helps to remember...it's a movie!!! A cartoon movie!!

ABick said...

i love that movie! so sad! and i remember you singing that song...just not to the jehovah witnesses! haha that's awesome!

Amelia said...

Hee hee. hee. What a great memory. You were very cute when you sang that song, even the JW were charmed.