Friday, August 20, 2010

Who wants a Deacon update?




I do! I can not forget all the hilarious things he is up to lately. He is so full of life and imagination and I laugh all day long.


1. One of my favorite things he does is if Curt and I are close together he will out an arm around each of our necks and say "mommy daddy!" And pull us in close for a hug.


2. He loves to try on every pair of underwear he owns all day everyday. Lots of times multiple pairs at at time.


3. The other morning at breakfast with my mom and Walker the restaurant was pretty empty and Deacon had everyone cracking up when he was running across the whole place yelling "it's a stampede!"


4. I have always sang James Taylor's Sweet Baby James to him, since he was born. (my mom sang it to us and I know my sister and brother sing it to their kids) but i never realized he knew almost every word to the "cowboy song" so the other night it was very cute when he sang along to the words "his horse and his cattle are his only companions" now I sing every few words and leave a word out for him to fill in.


5. He loves his friends Thomas and Will down the street. He asks all the time to walk down to their house. He also likes their mom Jenny. We pulled up to their house the other day and she stuck her head out of the car door and he said to me "Oh Jenny I like your hair!"


6. How to train your Dragon had a BIG impact on Deacon, he is constantly pretending to breathe fire and growling at you.


7. Deacon will think of an idea in his head and instead of asking you for something or to do something he presents it to you like it was your idea. For example he will say "Okay! I go get a candy for me!"


8. He never wakes up in the night crying ever anymore but every once in awhile you I will wake up in the middle of the night with his face right in front of mine and he will say something like "I need my squishy ball" Super important at 4 am.


9. Very good at the whole potty thing and is very proud of himself. The other day from the bathroom he yelled to our friend Matt to come see, um pass.


10. He will start preschool in a couple weeks and is very excited about it. Good thing it is only two hours at a time, I am going to miss him.

6 comments:

Lisa B. said...

This boy could not be cuter, sweeter, smarter, more full of energy and ideas and fun. Thank you for this awesome update! Deacon IS a stampede! of JOY.

Amelia said...

So funny. I feel I might need an update a week so I can keep up!

naptime nostalgia said...

He is one cool kid.

ABick said...

that is awesome! i love that little crazy kid! i wish i saw him more!

Lesley said...

I can't believe he's going to be in preschool soon! I love omitting words when I sing to Will too. It's funny when they sing what they think you are saying like "I triangle God" intsead of "I am a Child of God".

The Blanchard Family said...

Love all the cute things he is doing! I am excited for him to start preschool so we can talk about it. . .Stockton started last week and LOVES it and honestly it is a great little break for me too! We need to get together!!!