Monday, May 7, 2012

FIVE.

I can hardly believe it. Five whole years old. Five years ago today I was watching a Jazz playoff game at a friends house, I had made the spiciest salsa and had joked it was going to put me into labor.

The next morning when I went to the doctor I declared I could not be pregnant one more day, I went into labor just hours later. I remember thinking it was really important that I take a shower and do my hair before going to the hospital, HA! If only I knew how much pain I was about to be in I would have ran to the hospital.

 Once I had my epidural I watched movies and ate popsicles while waiting to push, uncle Buck to be specific. Little did I know how much my life was about to change. When they put my baby on my chest I could not even explain if I tried the love I felt, I have been feeling it every day ever since.

I am so happy to have shared the past five years with the sweetest little boy. Happy Birthday to my very favorite person in the whole wide world. I love you Deacon!

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I will never forget seeing you in the hospital with that darling baby--I could see from your face how everything had changed for you, as I remember it did for me with the birth of each of you. It is a wonderful, life-altering transformation. And isn't it wonderful to remember how you have lived with Deacon every minute since? What a wonderful boy.

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday Deacon! We love you so.

ABick said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Deacon!! I love you so much!

Holly and Dave said...

I love him!! He is funny, smart, creative, and fun... hmmm...just like his mom. and seeing dave play with him makes me want a boy. :)