Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dreamlight

In October or so we moved Deacon to a big bedroom downstairs to make room for the new babe. I was not worried that he would be scared or sad I knew he would be excited about the change. Deacon is such an adaptable kid, for that I am thankful. However, every big change deserves a gift right? He had been asking for a Dreamlight, he had seen it on T.V. and knew the little jingle that went with the commercial and it seems like the perfect security blanket for the big change.
Here is is with his puppy Dreamlight

For the last 8 months I have turned the dreamlight on as I leave the room. Three nights ago he told me he did not need it anymore. WHAT! WHY! SOB! 

He is so grown up, it feels like it is slipping by. If only I could stop time for just awhile, soak up his sweetness, his desire to be friends with everyone, his hugs, kisses and spontaneous "I love you's" Tomorrow is his last day of kindergarten. One year done. I know all my posts are about crying as of late, but what do you want me to do??

Time, it is a flyin' by. 

5 comments:

Amelia said...

I love that Deaconator. Mom had his school picture in her wallet. What an adorable boy.

Lisa B. said...

Deacon is beyond sweet. I would cry about this too. But I will tell you that, as a mother, there is plenty of sweetness ahead, truly. So good to see you guys yesterday.

Lesley said...

Congratulations, Deacon! You are about to enter the best year ever--first grade!

The Blanchard Family said...

So cute. I am a sappy sob story myself right now and everything (and I mean everything) can and will make me cry at the drop of a hat, but like you said, "What do you want me to do?" That Deacon is very sweet....just stop growing up so fast!

ABick said...

I love that sweet boy. I can't believe he is going to be in first grade! I swear it wasn't that long ago that I was watching him when he was a baby!! I love how sweet he has remained. :)