Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday mom!

This week was my moms birthday and I wanted to give her a little shout out! Since her age may or may not have a five in it I will tell you five things I love about her.


1. She is very generous, like you can call and invite yourself your husband your baby and your brother over for dinner and it will be the tastiest thing you ever ate.

2. She is very smart, book smart, world smart, domestic smart, pop culture smart in a nutshell she will kill you in trivial pursuit.

3. She is a the number one most nuturing person I know. When I had Deacon she came over almost everyday for at least a month just for a couple hours just to hold Deacon or do anything I needed her to do. On the days he did not come I always felt lonely and I will treasure those hours with her and my newborn forever.

4. I gained my love of movies and books from her, two of my very favorite things.

5. She is an all around wonderful mother grandmother mother in law, and , human being.
Happy Birthday Mom! We Love you!
I love this picture of Deacon and his Grandma, they are just content to be together!

8 comments:

Karen S said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! Amen to all of those things. I always want to comment on your blog, but don't feel like I'm smart enough to do so. :) Hope you had a great day.

Amelia said...

I love Mom too! That was so sweet Sophie.
PS She totally will kill you at trivial pursuit

Lisa B. said...

Sweetie! what an unexpected gift. It brings tears to my eyes. Lucky me, to have such amazing, wonderful children.

Anonymous said...

Cute post for your mom...How hilarious was your comment about McCain...making your life miserable? Too funny...

Nesting with Grace said...

that is do nice. what a nice mom to come over and help you every day when you had your baby! i know i needed all the help and comfort i could get!

ABick said...

happy birthday mama!!! :D i concur with everything listed!

*Angie* said...

cheers! I think I'm a day late, but hope you had a great birthday Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Send me some articles. sawyer_lindsay@yahoo.com