Monday, September 22, 2008

Warm and cozy super snuggly fall recipies!

I just saw on Rachels blog her post about having fall fever and it has inspired me to spread the fall love! Lets all share our favorite warm and cozy fall recipie or treat. I know how yall' love a tag! So tag your it! Give me your best recipie! Here is a Family Favorite:

Double Butterscotch cresent rolls:

Soften I pkg yeast in 1/4 cup warm not hot water
Prepare 1 pkg butterscotch pudding using 1 1/2 cups
evaporated milk. When thickened remove from heat
and add 1/2 cup butter. Cool to lukewarm
Blend in 2 unbeaten eggs
2 tsp salt and the softened yeast
Gradually add 4 1/2 to 5 cups flour to form stiff dough
Cover, let rise until light and double in size, about 1 1/2 hours.

Filling:
Combine in mixing bowl 1/4 c. melted butter, 2/3 c. shredded coconut
2/3 c. firmly packed brown sugar, 1/3 c. pecans chopped (i leave these out,
because they give Curt cankers) and 2 tbsps flour

Divide dough into thirds. Roll out each part to 15" circle. Cut into twelve
wedges. Place rounded teaspoons of filling on each; roll up starting with
wide end and rolling to point. place on cookie sheet and curve edges up into
a crescent shape. Let rise in a warm place ( I turn my oven on the lowest setting and
set the pans on top) about one hour. Bake a 375 degrees for twelve or 15 minutes.
Frost while still warm.

Glaze:
Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 2 tbsp evaporated milk and 2 tbsp. butter in saucepan. Boil one minute. Blend in 1 cup powdered sugar.



Now I know what you are thinking, this recipie will take all day! And it will, but it will be the best day you ever had. Bring on the fall treats! And if anyone happens to stop by my house on conference Sunday, they shall have a Double Butterscotch delight!

9 comments:

Amelia said...

sounds so yummy. Missing you!

Lisa B. said...

Although, as you know, the double butterscotch extravaganza is strictly speaking, in family tradition, a Christmas treat, I love that you love this recipe and have made your own tradition out of it. I just might have to stop by your house on Conference Sunday.

Heather & Josh said...

Those sound just delicious. You are quite the little betty crocker. I'll let you come see the baby if you bring me one of those delicious treats!!! If and only if!!! Just kidding. I love all of Deacon's pictures. They are absolutely adorable. Ang is amazing, and Deacon is so photogenic.

Isaac said...

will you let me eat it there or will I have to take my tasty treat elsewhere to snack?

DiaNe said...

mmm...those rolls are truly something out of this world.

Anonymous said...

Double buttersctoch anything SIGN ME UP! I may have to make those for Conference sunday too! THanks!

Nesting with Grace said...

so where so you live???
That does sound hard...but worth the work and rewarding and fun to make! I will have to post something :)

Rachel said...

yum!!! I LOVE ME SOME FALL!!!

Sharon said...

Sophie,
Now you know I am a blog stalker(I wanted to see your cruise pictures)! I can't believe I just copied a recipe from the girl who used ditch school and bake apple crisp in my kitchen!