Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You got a friend in me.......

After a sort of frazzled evening I finally helped Deacon brush his teeth and got him into his bed. (only forty minutes or so past his bedtime) So I began the nighttime routine of saying a prayer saying goodnight to the moon outside his window and singing some songs. I started to sing a song and Deacon demanded "Woody sings!" which means "youve gotta friend in me!"

I really only know a couple lines and I just sing them over and over again until he is satisfied. Tonight however he sang right along for the first time ever, each time he sang the line "you gotta friend in me!" it was louder and right on tune with me. It made my whole heart feel like it would explode. I love that little guy of mine. Then when I stopped singing he grabbed my cheeks and seriously asked "Woody a cowboy?" You betcha.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

hahahahahaha. I Love this post more than words. Can I tell you that when he grabbed your cheeks, I thought FOR SURE he was going to say "I love you mom..." instead it was a question about WOody. Reminds me of my son. Kids are always ruining our nastalgic moments... or making them better.. depending on how you look at it!!

ABick said...

that is so so sweet!!! thank you for sharing that!

Amelia said...

Love love love this. Moments like this make motherhood so worth it.

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

that is so freakin cute!!! Things like that make me want to start crying! I love it!

Lesley said...

Awwwww...

Sophia said...

That's so cute and sentimental it's almost tacky. Wait, scratch that. It IS tacky!!