Sunday, April 4, 2010

5 more minutes

Motherhood is a lot like the book If you give a mouse a cookie. You know where you give the mouse a cookie and then he asks for a glass of milk to go with it then if you give him a glass of milk he will want a straw to go with it etc. Tonight after a fun day full of candy and family I was putting Deacon to bed and he begged for one more song, one more prayer one more kiss and then my favorite, "five more minutes mommy!" How many more times will Deacon want 5 more minutes and one more kiss? I realize that the 5 more minutes requests will someday be gone, so today I am happy to give 500 minutes, 500 kisses and as many more hugs as he wants.

7 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Sweet. I am continually struck by the sweetness of children and how precious it is. I am so glad you recognize this too, and cherish it.

naptime nostalgia said...

Love it. You are an awesome mom!

Amelia said...

That is sweet. I went to check on Evie before going to bed myself and she said, "mummy, chat to me." and then rolled over and fell back asleep. Sweet.

jessandbryce said...

I love this! That picture is so adorable!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

I don't like this post, because it's so true and it makes me so sad.

gilian said...

Okay, not to be a real downer here, and you know how much I love my kids, but just ask me if I think one of my kids will ever stop asking for my debit card for just five more minutes? Not that I want that five more thing to ever end, I'm just sayin'.

JLH DMB said...

That just made me cry:) Seriously my thoughts exactly!