Friday, November 26, 2010

Dani Vacca


One of my favorite things about the years I spent working at MAC was all the different people I met. So many of them have become dear friends. I loved when I was a manager interviewing and hiring people. You go to see people at their very best, their most excited and enthusiastic.

I can remember hiring Dani with Kallin, he was the manager and I was his assistant. She was so young and had the biggest smile. We both thought she would be a great fit.

She was really fun to get to know and had one of the most zany hilarious personalities I have ever known. I will always remember she had the most hilarious dance moves. I still have a note card from a training I helped facilitate on which she wrote that I was an amazing manager and someone she wanted to learn from. I did her makeup the very first day she worked at MAC and showed her the ropes, taught her the MAC way. I will always remember now how pretty she looked and how she gave me a hug when I was done. She said she had never had her makeup done so well. She was young and so excited about her life.

This past weekend Dani was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. Young and beautiful and lots of life left to live.

I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunities I have had to know so many diverse wonderful people. I am learning to take pieces from each of these people and make myself better. I am also reminded that this life on earth is precious and we should treat everyone around us with as much love and compassion as we can.

I am taking comfort in these words:

For the joy of human love
brother sister parent child
Friends on earth and friends above
For all gentle thoughts and mild
Lord of all to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise

10 comments:

The Hungry Fashionista said...

This made me cry! I don't even know what to say except she will definitely be missed.

Amelia said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. She sounds like a sweet person.

gilian said...

Dear Sophie, so very, very sorry for your loss.

Rachel said...

Sophia, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. What a tragedy!

Unknown said...

Hi my names chandler and dani was my sister thank you so much for this post it means alot to hear you speak such great words about my sister.

jamie said...

Ugh. So sorry to hear that. So sad that she was so young. It's so hard to swallow the fact that someone is actually gone, especially when it's so unexpected. Just another reminder that life really is so short.

Old World Underground said...

She was beautiful, that big smile could really light up a room, and it did every time she entered it. The Lord introduces people into our lives, for a reason...Dani was so special, thanks for writing this.

ABick said...

i'm so sorry sophie. she sounds like a wonderful person.

Lesley said...

Life is so precious! My condolences to Dani's family and friends.

Cheltz said...

Dani was my friend too. Thank you so much for writing about her. I just finished a blog about her and found you when I was searching for a good picture of her to post. Hearing stories about her helps. Thank you.