Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nothings missing

I love this picture, it looks like everything being a kid should be.


Today while reading Deacon a story he was leaned up against me, he paused and looked up at me and said "I love ya". I realized in that moment that to Deacon I was everything.


There have been weeks and even months in the last year and a half that I have felt the longing for something I did not have, like something was missing. As much as I would love to have another baby, for Deacon to have a sibling, more than that I do not want to spend my days longing. One thing I know and that brings me so much happiness is that I am loved. I am cared for and my prayers are heard.


The simple I love ya was a simple reminder of how lucky I am to have this little boy to pour all my love and affection on, and that when I do it is returned 10 fold. Now that is something, not nothing.


12 comments:

The Blanchard Family said...

I love you! You are one special lady, you!

*Angie* said...

Love ya soph! and that awesome transformer, too!

Amelia said...

This is everything. have been thinking of this all day. Love you so much.

Heather & Josh said...

Love you!

Jenny said...

I love you and that sweet little boy. You are a wonderful Mom.

Lisa B. said...

So so sweet.

Keeping this frame of mind is so important, but for me it's sometimes hard. Thank you for this post to remind me of how much is good. So much is good.

ABick said...

you have an incredible boy. that is definitely something. love you soph.

Nesting with Grace said...

Oh that is so sweet :) love that post

Chelsea Nelson said...

love this.

Lesley said...

Well said. You are amazing in every way.

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

Why Do I not have your email address? I've lost my phone (Surprise, Surprise) and I Hope you're doing okay. I"ll call you from my house tomorrow. I forgot I had a house phone.

Holly and Dave said...

love this post, love deacon, and love you. your perspective enlightens me, and I continue to learn so much from you (including the goodness of tortilla soup on a fall day).