Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Deacon says the Darndest things

almost every night he sneaks out of bed to change into a costume, just like a true superhero. Here he is as Bumblebee.



Time for a list of darling, hilarious, clever things Deacon has said as of late. This boy of mine is at such a fantastic stage, I love everything about him. It is much easier to have a four year old around than a three year old, oh baby that was a wild time.


A few days ago we were talking about love for family night, Curt had just gotten through explaining what charity and love was, I asked Deacon who he loves and he shouted "Jenny!" who is my good friend in my ward. I guess he has a thing for thin, hot, blonde's!


At lunch today with my Mom and sister he was totally restless, he sat on my lap and said " I do not like this place, it is too adorable" HA! I totally love his misuse of words.


When he hopped out of the car to run into preschool his teacher said to me "Did you see that smuggle?" I looked over and saw that he had a big old toy in his jacket. The best part is that morning I thought it was so funny that he requested his jacket with pockets.


At the lunch table as asked him if he thought I was pretty, he said "nope, awesome"


I could listen to him sing songs under his breath all day long, they are usually about transformers fighting the evil disceptiocons. I need to catch it on film.


He loves to tell me how proud he is of himself, for instance " I am so proud I played with my transformers!" I hope this is a product of me telling him how proud I am of him.


I took him to a book club at Angie's house, Owen was not there so Deacon just got to play with his toys. One of the girls asked him what he was doing and he said "Havin' a playdate!"


Each night when we start to read scriptures he says "we already read that one!" Sorry buddy, they all sort of sound alike.


Around Christmas time he got a cute book from his preschool teacher about a gingerbread man. After reading it a few times he so sweetly asked me if we could have a gingerbread party. It was the cutest request I had to say yes. I need to post some pictures of it because it was so darling and fun!


I really can not even put into words how much I treasure my Deacon. Thinking about him going off to kindergarten int he big old elementary school makes me want to take him and run away. I am so proud of how smart, sweet and fun he is. I am so so lucky to be his mom.

8 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I really do want to hear the songs Deacon sings about transformers. And it is true--that restaurant *was* too adorable. And yes: *do* post pictures of the gingerbread man party!

Amelia said...

I feel the same way about running away! Deacon is truly adorable!

The Blanchard Family said...

Oh...kindergarten. I am frightened! Truly dreading the day. Deacon is so cute ;)

gilian said...

We already read that one. Hilarious!

Jenny said...

Beautiful Mom, darling boy. We are so lucky to be friends with you!

*Angie* said...

Haha. No. Captain America Party. He is great! We love Deacon!

ABick said...

i agree w/ mom. that restaurant was quite adorable. :)
I love that boy and all the hilarious and cute things he says.

i want to see the gingerbread pics!

Holly and Dave said...

Hilarious. Love him and his awesome personality.