Monday, January 2, 2012

I did it!!



















You guys, I made it through 2011. I really did. This year was not my favorite year BUT! Please do not be mistaken, I am oh so grateful for all the gifts and blessings I have been given.


Today is my 29th birthday, hanging on to my twenties by a fingernail! I had a great day filled with things I love. I got my little brother to come run immigration canyon with me, I love that run, it is the perfect 6 mile downhiller with the best canyon breezes and beautiful surroundings. The second I start running in that spot I am invigorated and happy (this is not the case for all runs, yikes!) After that I conquered a life long fear, I baked a layer cake! I have always been so nervous to attempt a cake where I would have to flip it out of the pan, thanks to Heather I put my mind at ease and gave it a go. I love how it turned out! It was so fun, I am all over cakes now!


Some other fun things I did: went to costco (oh boy I love costco) and dinner with friends. I also got a surprise visit for one of my besties Casi who made me a plate of yellow cupcakes with choc. frosting, my all time fav!


Curtis took Deacon to the store to buy me a present and Curt said Deacon insisted his mommy wanted the bowls with strawberries on them? Searching through the store Curt finally figured out he wanted to buy me ziploc containers with a picture of a strawberry on the box, I loved them.


My husband is sending me on a cruise with another bestie Annie for my birthday! I am a loved and lucky lady. (since my fallopian tube made me miss a trip to Hawaii, dang 2011)


With all of that said, I will not let another year of my life pass on by. I am going to find lots of happiness this year, starting with this blog, I love the years I have documented on here. Cheers to 2012, lets make it amazeballs.

9 comments:

Amelia said...

Here is to an amazeballs 2012. I would love to see more blogging because I miss you!

Lisa B. said...

that cake is amazeballs, for starters. I am pretty sure I dreamed about it. also, for the record, you look beautiful in these photos (no surprise there). happy birthday! and happy 2012--I have a feeling that it will be filled with happiness.

naptime nostalgia said...

That cake is amazing! So beautiful Soph! And Happy Friggin' Birthday!

gilian said...

Amazeballs back at you!

Heather & Josh said...

Your cake turned out wonderful. And I am glad you conquered a fear. I love you and cheers to agreat 2012. Love you tons!

Lesley said...

I love your display of your cute childhood picture hanging on the plate. I'm glad you had a good birthday. You deserve an unforgettable year!

ABick said...

ditto to Amelia's "amazeballs 2012" comment". it's gonna be great! you do deserve 29 to be the best twenties year.

Holly and Dave said...

here's to a hip hip happenin' 2012. it's perfectly acceptable in my book to have a bummer year, knowing the next one will be much much better. your birthday sounds delightful, the cake delicious, and deacon's gift priceless. love you.

Jenny said...

Of course you made an amazing cake! I love it. I'm so glad you had a great birthday. I'm jealous of the cruise. You deserve it!