Monday, November 12, 2012

In a blink


Time is going by fast, each day that goes by puts me closer to a whole new life. A life I prayed really hard for, a new baby that has been much wanted and anticipated, but you already knew that.

 While we really love our neighborhood and Deacon loves all his little friends, he is right in between two age groups. I felt sad that he would be going to kindergarten all by himself with no friends his own age.

I kept praying for kids to move into our neighborhood so he could have a friend in his class. Over the summer a new family moved in, with a little girl just Deacons age! And for the cherry on top the mom was expecting a baby just a month earlier than me! I was so happy and thankful.

Just last week that same mom gave birth to a still born baby boy at 39 weeks. While I am planning and packing a hospital suitcase, she is burying her sweet baby.


It is an unfair world isn't it? With each trial comes a lesson, not just for the one who is directly dealing with the trial, but I believe, that there is something to be learned for each person involved. My belief is that with a prayer answered can also come a chance to answer anothers prayer. While I am sure I am not the direct answer to a prayer I do believe that I can serve others, that I can be a better mother that I can do more with the one wild and precious life that I am given.

As I bring a precious daughter into this world I hope that I can teach her how precious her life is, how lucky she is to be here and to make sure she always knows how lucky I feel to have her.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

I love that quotation. It is THE question, isn't it?

I remember a similar instance long ago that I will tell you about. It is heartbreaking, the ways our joys and sorrows cross each other like this. I am so glad you are there to extend your compassion and kindness to this family, to be a part of something that might buoy them up at this time. And I am so glad for you and your little family to be anticipating this great joy. Knowing that it is a true blessing makes the joy the sweeter.