Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wishlist

Gwenyth PEARL Leasure
6 pounds 13 ounces
19 inches long
 
Here she is, the babe of my dreams. The baby I prayed, hoped, wished and longed for. The fact that she is here now is still hard to wrap my mind around, all throughout the day I look at her and thank my Heavenly Father for this most precious gift.
 
The days leading up to her arrival were some of the longest days. My sweet doctor told me on Tuesday at my appt. that "the baby could come any minute now!" I took that to heart and expected her to truly come any minute. The silver lining about the waiting on eggshells was that Curtis and I talked a lot about her coming, made plans, said prayers and had conversations that are some of the special we have ever had in our marriage, ones I will treasure always.
 
SO, on Thursday night late when the contractions started I did not really believe it, but eventually we made it to the hospital Friday morning around 4 am. I think the nurse wanted to send me on home but luckily after walking around for 30 minutes my labor had progressed enough for me to stay and have a baby, yay!
 
The next couple hours was filled with slow progression, we did not tell anyone we were at the hospital, it was our fun little secret.
 
By 10 am I had progressed to a 10 and was ready to push, Dr. Terry was awesome enough to wait around after his shift to deliver the baby, once he came down to labor and delivery I was ready to push.
 
This was the part Curtis and I both dreaded, I pushed for 45 minutes with Deacon and it was HARD. I was anticipating a long hard period of pushing. The labor and delivery nurse was so wonderful and Dr. Terry was awesome. Push once, twice three times and one soft push and she was out. They put her on my chest and I was so overwhelmed, I just cried my eyes out. I looked up to Curtis and he was crying too. I knew that he felt as I felt, we had waited so long for you baby, and here you are.
 
If you know Curtis at all you know his love for the band Pearl Jam runs deep. When baby Gwenyth was born on Pearl Harbor day it just felt very fitting to name her middle name Pearl.
 
When we drove Deacon home from the hospital Curtis had a special song picked out to listen to on the way home, it was of course a Pearl Jam song and whenever I hear it now it reminds me of that sweet memory.
 
The song he chose for our sweet baby girl was Pearl Jams Wishlist. These lines are my favorite:
 
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on
I wish I was the pedal brake that you depended on
I wish I was the verb 'to trust' and never let you down

I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
I wish...
 
One thing I wished for was this baby. If no other wishes I have in life come true that is just fine. This wish was THE wish and we are so thrilled it came true.
 
Welcome to the world Gwennie Babe.

6 comments:

Amelia said...

Welcome indeed! What a wonderful blessing. I am so delighted for you.

Lisa B. said...

I am so so glad she is here. She is beyond.

Lesley said...

I love that photo! I love all of her dark hair and sweetness. Welcome Gwen! You are loved to infinity and beyond.

gilian said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I am so so so very happy for you and your family. She is beautiful, just like you.

ABick said...

This post kinda made me cry. I can't wait to see her, hold her and love her. I am so happy for you and Curtis.

Karen S said...

Yay Sophie. So glad she's here safely and that you get to experience a baby girl. I'm very happy for you guys.