Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Run for it


I have been up to a lot of running this last month or two. One day I just got a wild hair and asked my work out buddy my sister in law Kris if she wanted to train for a 1/2 marathon with me. It has always been something I have wanted to do and so I thought "why not I like to run and I am sure worse runners than me have done it". Sionce then I have found my self constantly looking for new routes to run and soliciting running partners. Just today I convinced my brother to sign up for the same 1/2 marathon!

The point of this post is that sinceI made the choice to do this run I find myself being altogether more active in my life. Today I was going to a program at my brothers school about 4 miles away and I thought I have a half hour why not run? I did and I was tired but as I type I feel happy. Find your inner runner/swimmer/dancer/singer whatever makes you happy.

8 comments:

Amelia said...

I'm still thinking about it.

Lisa B. said...

I think it's awesome. Love that picture of you. However, I will be joining you on your half marathon as a cheer-er, not a runner. I think that's best for all of us.

Becky said...

You look so great! That's awesome you're running so much.. I don't run. Well, unless I'm chasing Carson (3 year old).. but otherwise I'm just not a runner. Maybe after I loose more weight I'll give it a try. lol

Rachel said...

ha. totally read that last sentence wrong and thought you said to find my inner "swinger." ahahha. Swingers are weird.

ABick said...

that is awesome!! once i get over this sickness completely I'm going to start running outside and get into that habit to! :D yay soph! you look awesome btw!

curtis said...

Uh, why don't you quit trying to motivate me!

Skankstas said...

i love that napolean dynamite pic of you!

Jenny said...

that pic is fabulous! way to go! we had a little running group going in our neighborhood last year. we should try to drum something up. I will totally go on a run with you although i have slacked off a ton since my marathon last month.