Thursday, May 7, 2009

Scenes from my favorite month


May. I never really contemplated what my favorite month is before now. I suppose most people pick their birth month or their favorite holiday month. Well this month I realized why I love May so much. First of all it is the first month that stays fairly warm after what seems like the worlds longest winter. It is warm enough to run outside and to let your kids run with no shoes on you can garden or think about gardening in my case. You have mothers day and May day and flowers blooming. But really the reason I love May is it is the month that made me a mother. I will always remember how good it felt to bring a baby home to warm weather and tulips. Everything felt right in the world. To me Deacon is a lot like May, warm and fun, exciting sweet and much needed sun after a long winter. I am so happy to be Deacons mom. Happy two year old birthday to my May baby!

5 comments:

*Angie* said...

that is the sweetest post ever! love you guys...and so excited for the "round-up"!

ABick said...

Happy Happy Birthday Deacon!!!
I love you!!

Lisa B. said...

Adorable boy. And such a sweet post. You are a wonderful mother and D is a wonderful boy. No wonder May feels like a blessing!

Isaac said...

I also love May and Deacon. Being a mother is so amazing! I'm glad I have you to watch and follow.

DiaNe said...

Mother's day was the first time I got to spend some real time with him and he is such a joy! Thanks for sharing him with us.