Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birthday week still going strong!

We brought Deacon home on a Saturday, the next day was Sunday, mothers day. My own mom came to visit me the new mom that morning. I remember walking outside to the unusually warm May weather to greet her. She brought me a 2 Tupperware containers. One full of watermelon, my favorite and one full of the best pineapple I think I have ever had.
What a joy to be such a new mom with such a tiny baby on Mothers day. Curtis cooked me dinner that night, spaghetti also my favorite. That night we watched the Jazz beat the spurs in the playoffs. Every memory about that day brings back such an overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude, to my Mom for fruit, to Curtis for the spaghetti, to both for playing a role in me becoming a Mother. To Deacon for making me a Mother, the very best thing about me.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Aww.. what a cute mom you are Soph! How sweet is your Mom and Curtis? I remember very well you wanting baby Deacon out of you. What a fun time in your life. He is the cutest thing ever and you are very lucky to have such a sweet boy.

gilian said...

I will be wiping away tiny little tears each day as I read your blog this week. Such sweet memories.

Lisa B. said...

I love remembering things like this. I loved coming over to your house and holding Deacon and I love love loved doing that while you slept. And sometimes Duke would snuggle up with all of us and it was so peaceful and lovely.