Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blessings

I personally do not wake up each day counting my blessings and praising the day. I do however have moments where I feel so unbelievably blessed and loved. The above picture captures those feelings, a regular family moment, no makeup huge smoothie stain on Deacons face, Curt's dimples if only duke was in the picture.
Sometimes I feel like making my blog private so I can go on and on about all the things no one really cares about but at the end of the day this is me take it or leave it.
Things that leave me feeling so blessed:
A little boy learning how to use the toilet and feeling so proud of himself.
Friends that are beyond incredible. I have a friend for any and all things I need. I am so lucky.
Curtis, to be realistic, keeping our family in check and working (literally) tirelessly to provide.
A new church calling that fills my heart makes me feel worthwhile loved and needed.
A family who is proud of me loves me, and encourages me always. And the kind of family that will do any favor you ask.
A promising summer full of vacations family friends and warmth.
This life I am living, certainly not always what I thought it might be but it is easy to make a list of things I feel blessed to have, that life cant be too bad right?

2 comments:

jessandbryce said...

so true! we are all so blessed!

Lisa B. said...

I love this post--thanks for the reminder to look at life this way. You're right--if you can "count your blessings," then life really is pretty good.