Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers

I need to post all about Deacons birthday madness and I will but today is Mothers day so I want to post about that. I have so many great Mothers in my life and so many people who help me be a better Mother. I am so grateful to all these people for making my life better. And since I love a list I thought, why not? Here is 5 things I love about some of these Mothers.
Curt's mom Sharon-
1. So accepting, never once has she questioned me as a wife or mother, she loves me for me.
2. Amazing cook and seamstress, she knows how to make anything!
3. She is loved by all her grand kids and they love to be sang and rocked by her as infants.
4. She is an excellent Dr. Mario player and one of my first memories of her is coming over and seeing my boyfriends 60 year old mom playing Nintendo.
5. She is the person to call if you want someone to tell you your problems are going to work out and you need a listening ear.
My Step mom Dana-
1. She is the number one most hardworking organized person I know. She knows how to tackle a project and get it done.
2. She loves and dotes on Deacon, when she is around him he knows he is loved.
3. Dana is so service oriented and very giving. She would help anyone in need with anything.
4. She is good at her job and takes great care in doing a job well done. Whenever I meet someone who has worked with or for her they always rave about how great she is.
5. She has always loved and treated me and my siblings with love and always treated us like family from day one.
And last but certainly not least my own mom-
1. If I ever feel bad for myself and want someone to feel bad for you as well, I just call my mom and she always validates my feelings and helps me pick myself back up.
2. She loves to take me and Deacon to breakfast once a week, it is always a highlight in my day.
3. She is so creative and talented and free thinking. Can laugh at her craziness but also is crazy in all the best ways.
4. She has always celebrated who I am , never tried to shape me into someone or something she wanted me to be. She literally missed only one soccer game in my entire 4 year high school career. That means two games sometimes 4 a week for 3 months for four years. (My dad did not miss as well but its Mothers day okay) pretty great.
5. She still is excited and vivacious about life, a quality I love. She really is pretty rad, has great taste in music movies and clothing.
Love to all our moms. And love to my husband Curtis, whom without I would not be a mom to such a fantastic boy. Thank you Curtis for supporting me and encouraging me and writing me sweet notes telling me you think I am great, for the record: I think you are great.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

what a wonderful list and what a great set of compliments for all the moms. (I love my own set of compliments the best!) I need to make a list of things I am grateful for about each of my amazing children. Wait for it! It will happen!