Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Here comes the sun.

All us Utahns do it. Like big fat idiots we convince ourselves Spring will be here any minute, all of this convincing takes place in January and February. And then it snows on Easter. Do not get me wrong I like the snow in November and December, it is all cozy and exciting, the holidays are right around the corner.

Then there is January. Blah. And it is even my birthday month! Sad! So today in the car I was driving and I asked Deacon what song he wanted to hear. Sometimes he picks really cute stuff like a Pearl Jam song or recently he has been requesting a Band of horses song. His music snob parents eat this shiz up.

So I ask him and he requests, here comes the sun. By the Beatles. How does he know this song I ask? Oh just from The Bee Movie (remember the one Jerry Seinfeld did? pretty cute). I was so taken aback by his cuteness as I played the song and he sang along "its alright!" And then I remembered one of my favorite Pearl Jam lyrics "No matter how cold the winter theres a springtime ahead" then I felt a tiny bit of my winter blues slip away, just a little.

How are you kicking the winter blues where it counts?

6 comments:

Lisa B. said...

That is so darling I can hardly breathe. Why isn't there video of every second of a child's life?

I am enjoying dressing in layers and boots. Honestly, I think that kind of thing--eating hearty food, etc., until I'm ready to puke if I look at another leaf of kale, and wearing sweaters until I think if I see another sweater (unless it happens to be pink or yellow) I will scream--that's what gets me through.

Also, every time it snows in late winter, I think, virtuously, of The Drought, and also of Global Warming, and think, if I am a good sport about the snow, I am doing my part. I know this is nonsense, but it is exactly what I'm thinking, right ... now!

Amelia said...

That is adorable and I am going to follow deacons example by listening to that song this very day. I also like to buy spring flowers in January. (tulips only table from a friend a good way to start!

Rachel said...

So cute!!! My kids only want to hear showtunes and Elmo.

I am kicking the winter blues by staying in bed and hybernating.

jessandbryce said...

How cute is Deacon?? :) Just the other day when it was warm I said to Bryce, "do you think Spring is Springing?" he said heck no. He is always right. Now there's snow all over the ground again :(.

CKB said...

That is adorable! I always find it interesting when people who have lived in Utah their entire lives say "where is spring?" in april and even may. In case they haven't noticed, Utah spring consists of wind, cold, snow, rain, and occasionally a sunny day. Then June rolls around and everyone says "where is summer? We are missing summer!" Well, summer doesn't even start until June 21st.

I too have the winter blues. Booh!

The Hungry Fashionista said...

I hate winter. That's all.