Thursday, January 20, 2011

I am loved.

I always assumed the way to tell how loved you are is through baked goods, am I wrong? This year on my birthday I felt real loved because I had a lot of baked love. Please take note of the frosting colors, can you handle it? I barely could. Laura knows my love all of all things tasty and adorable and she delivered on my birthday boy howdy.
Did you know we also like to dress like twins on my birthday?

Ladies and gentleman, this is a Neapolitan cake. A real life chocolate strawberry and vanilla cake, from scratch. If you do not have a Kallin in your life, I am sorry.

Here is the man himself who took the time to dream up this masterpiece and make it for little old me. If that is not love I am not sure what love is.

My dad made me a cake on my actual birthday. Now that is a real treat, I do not think my dad has made me a cake in like 15 years. It was yellow cake with chocolate frosting which believe it or not is my very favorite. Even though this cake is only two layers and I requested ten I still felt very loved.
And let us not forget: my mother made me a full meal with every single thing I requested and it was perfect.
Go bake something and give it to someone you love. You need my address?

7 comments:

jamie said...

Luckiest girl ever. Not only did you get delish baked goods, but you also got to go on a bedroom makeover shopping spree. I envy you.

Lisa B. said...

This post made me happy and brought tears to my eyes. Also, I love yellow cake with chocolate frosting. And that neapolitan cake is a thing of glory and magnificence. I only wish I had had a piece.

Brittany said...

Sounds like your b-day was a treat! Literally! Love ya!

Amelia said...

I know I felt loved when you made crepes and we all know how Raymond felt about those Oreos. When are you coming over again? Miss you!

*Angie* said...

I love that amelia says " coming over" like its just a few doors away. I wish you could "go over" to her house today. Funny thing, I was planning on making yellow cake cupcake with homemade chocolate frosting today!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

no one in my life feels loved, because I hate cooking. I do it because I have to for my children to survive, but I officially hate it.
By the way, yellow cake with chocolate frosting is My VERY favorite!

The Hungry Fashionista said...

Yay, glad you liked your cookies! I think it's hilarious that we dressed the same.