Saturday, February 16, 2013

New babies and T.V.

The thing about new babies is that they wake up in the night, obviously. With both of my babies I spent lots of time rocking them and singing to them (I have a whole list of my favorite songs to sing, that's a whole other post) but dude, sometimes you have to keep your ass awake, and that is where t.v. comes into play.

With Deacon I got hooked on The Office, I watched endless episodes. I watched Jim and Pam fall in love and laughed myself silly (back when Micheal Scott was still fun to watch) I always associate that show with baby Deacon. That feels like a million years ago and yesterday all at once.

Baby Gwen was no exception, I needed a show, and something with a lot of episodes on Netflix. You guys, I hit a low. I swear I had already watched anything worth watching! Parks and Rec. check! Mad Men, check! Friday Night Lights and Parenthood, check! I hit a new low, I have watched 7 seasons of Greys Anatomy. In two months.

Guess what, it worked! I got hooked on a show and never once fell asleep while up with babe in the night!

Now my baby sleeps through the night, I know I am really lucky. My babies are good sleepers. I think Gwenyth started sleeping through the night because she did not want a mom who got hooked on Vampire Diares.

Here is that delightful baby at 2 months and 2 weeks:

Holy smokes, I you too Gwenners. Also, someday I will post a picture that is not directly from instagram, that someday is not today. Baby steps everyone.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

I'm loving
a) Gwenner's t-shirt
b)the theme of this blog post
Miriam I watched a lot of Olympics
Evie lots of children's tv (Evie was a toddler)
Eli Justified. Don't judge.
c)the baby steps. Keep on keeping on sistah!

Lesley said...

I love your new header and the new layout of the blog! I could barely open my eyes to see Isaac handing me a hungry infant in the night let alone watch Netflix! I was the master at nursing laying down and sleeping while the babe sucked away. Good, memorable times!

Lisa B. said...

I wish I could reconstruct the history of my television watching when you all were small. Let me just say this: some of that happened when there was no cable. I'm just saying. I still watched piles and piles and piles of television, and I believe I am a better person for it.

ABick said...

Hey now. Grey's Anatomy is pure entertaining crap. I love the show but I do understand the ridiculousness of the show. I love the picture of baby Gwenyth! so sweet!
I do love the new header and such.