Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Some things to remember.

I have some thoughts rolling around in my head, thought I would put them somewhere. I think that is what a blog is for, right?

I heard it is supposed to snow in the next day or so, I panicked and made Deacon walk to the library 4 miles round trip so we could enjoy the "nice weather". It was actually so fun. He did not complain one time and was so proud of himself when we got the library. I thought about my sister who walks all over the place in Scotland and made a mental note to do more walking with my kids. It also made me feel connected to her and that makes me happy.

I was talking to my friend about accents last night. My Scottish nieces have the cutest accents. I talked to them on Sunday and my older niece, Miriam chatted and chatted about the flat she is going to live in with her friend Julia when she gets older. They decided they might adopt a baby but will definitely have a cat.

Sometimes I let Deacon crawl into Gwennies crib and entertain her for a minute, he loves this. Today he was in there and I heard him say "Introducing the ammmmmmmaaaaaazzzzzzing Gwenyth!!" And then I saw her flash the hugest smile at him. I loved every second of that.

In Deacons last report card his teacher wrote "Deacon is a good friend who shows kindness everyday" I can not even say how happy that makes me.

Sometimes I need to remember that just because the baby slept for 9 hours 7 days in a row, she can still stay awake from 12 am to 4 am the very next day, just for fun!

Somehow I became the kind of person who eats zone bars and luna bars and loves it. I wholeheartedly blame my friend Jenny.

I am dreaming of warm weather and outside running. I decided today that a good run would be just long enough that you kinda want to die the last 10 minutes. I have a case of spring fever in the worst way.

And there you have it ladies and gentleman, a brain dump at its finest!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Aww! Walking to the library is great. It always amazes me how much fun kids get out of something as simple as walking somewhere. I am letting Eli stretch his legs a little bit more and he love love loves it.

Lisa B. said...

I am in love with this post full of good things. when I think about the walking, it makes me feel so happy and melancholy all at the same time. I wish everyone were all here and we could all walk together.

Also, Deacon in Gwen's crib? adorable. Beyond.