Monday, February 8, 2010

Nothing Bundt Birthday


Who has had a nothing bundt cake? Delicious right? Also expensive right?For Curt's' birthday I decided he (I) would really like one. Not wanting to pay thirty bucks for one I googled the recipe and VOILA! Easy. Yummy. Looked and tasted just like the real deal, I swear! But don't just take my word for it- make it!
Chocolate chocolate chip nothing bundt cake
1 box devils food cake mix
1 1/3 c oil
4 eggs
1 small box of choc. pudding
1/2 c warm water
1 c sour cream
1 c choc. chips (add last)
Throw this all together in your mixer (or mix by hand if you are a pioneer) until well blended then throw in your choc. chips
Grease your bundt pan really well with Pam and bake on 350 for 45- 50 minutes when toothpick comes out clean take it out and flip immediately on a cake stand or plate. Let cool completely (like three hours) and then frost the beauty. For the frosting I make a cream cheese frosting:
1 stick butter
8 oz cream cheese
4-5 c powdered sugar
a teaspoon or so vanilla
To pipe the frosting get a pastry bag with a wide tip or use a strong plastic baggie with the corner cut off. Fill the middle of the cake with the frosting and then pipe down each crease of the cake. I am aware that the cake sounds really hard, it is not. I am also aware this cake seems like you will instantly gain twelve pounds, you will not, eat one piece on get on with your day.
The best thing is the day I made this cake my aunt Kim and uncle Terry were over for just a minute and I offered them a slice. Terry quickly declined and then when he saw the frosting changed his mind and then loved the cake.
Hope you make it and your life is forever changed.

7 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Terry is a frosting hound, as I recall. That cake was delicious.

jessandbryce said...

haha i can so picture that scene! I love that you post recipes, the pumpkin oreo cookies were amazing!

Jill said...

Um... This is why I love you Soph.

The Hungry Fashionista said...

Delish.

Karen S said...

Yum! I will be making this.

Michelle said...

I love cake

The Blanchard Family said...

Oh my gosh! I am so impressed. I copied it down so I can give it a try! You are such the homemaker and I need to learn a lesson from you!