Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines day, in your face edition

So if you follow this blog at all you know I love a good theme. Any chance to decorate and make a day special is so fun to me. Of course Valentines day is no exception, in fact it gets a little crazier than usual. Deacon with sleepy eyes seeing his new matchbox cars. I love that 5 dollars makes a little kid so happy. I made a little valentines breakfast and gathered anything lovey/pink/red I own and decorated my kitchen.
I think Deacon enjoyed the breakfast, especially the pink smoothie, but who wouldnt?

This is what it looks like after Valentines day exploded at my house.

Deacon was so cute all day. At church when the Bishop was wishing everyone a happy Valentines day he popped his head up and said "Oh Valentines!" These cupcakes are my red velvet nothing bundt cake recipe. It is my favorite version of that recipe yet. And arent they adorable?!


My favorite part of this morning was him seeing this little garland I made out of leftover Valentines from last year. He saw it gasped and one by one touched each Valentine and said "You put Nemo on it? You put incredibles on it? You put woody buzz on it?" It was so fun to see his excitment. One of my favorite things about being a mom is seeing Deacons excitment in new things. I love you Valentines, now Spring come quick!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE.

Lisa B. said...

So pretty and fun! I am especially impressed with your frosting piping skills. I intend to give your method a whirl the next time I make cupcakes. I love the picture of D on the floor with this smoothie.

The Blanchard Family said...

You are so cute and the greatest little decorator. My mom made the chocolate chocolate chip recipe you had on your blog and it was DELISH!! See ya Thursday!

Amelia said...

Adorable. Can't believe you are comng here so soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hungry Fashionista said...

So cute. Of course.

Jill said...

A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.....

When are you leaving for Scotland and such? So unfair!

We need to catch up on things.

Unknown said...

uuummmhhh- there is halloween garland outside your window in the first picture! HA!

Brittany said...

Cute mommy. I found pictures from Cali- you make me laugh so hard. I need to see you more. I also loved the beach picture- it was nice when cottage cheese didn't cover the majority of my body.